We can all get caught up in the little things. For business owners, we have to break that down even further. Are we doing the things that grow our business and lead to revenue, or are we doing things that can (and should be) delegated or outsourced? Be busy at your skillset, doing the stuff you enjoy doing.
I talk about habits all the time and the importance and power of having positive habits that create less stress and move you towards your goals, both short-term, and long-term. Here’s a quick overview you need to know because your habits make you.
How Habits Work
Key Habits of Successful People
How to Create New Habits
How to Stick to Your New Habits
Here are some ideas and words of wisdom to help you dive into new beginnings with a new excitement and energy that you may not have felt in a very long time. So, set those goals and keep motivated – here’s how:
1. Take ‘failure’ out of your vocabulary. Not meeting a deadline or goal is actually an opportunity to learn how to do it better next time. Think of your new beginning as a map with detours and roadblocks along the way.
2. Try something new each day. Whether it’s a new route to work or a new recipe at home, don’t become stagnant with your daily routine. See a movie or read a book that’s different from those you usually see or read.
3. Meet people. Make it a point to meet new people outside of your current social and work circles. Be approachable for others – a simple “hello” works most of the time.
4. Don’t try to be part of the crowd. It’s what is different about you that sets you apart and makes you special. Embrace those differences rather than trying to change who and what you are just to fit in.
5. Take care of your own needs first. It’s like the talk they give on an airplane – “be sure to put on your oxygen mask first and then help others.” Unless you’re a bit selfish with your own needs and wants, you won’t be any good to others.
Always be willing to change to meet your desires and goals. Remember that no matter how hard you worked or how far you’ve come, today doesn’t meet the need for where you want to be tomorrow.
You should have a personal mission statement that both outlines and specifies what sums up who you are and what you want to become. It will help to bring focus and purpose to the life you want to lead.
Celebrate each goal you reach, whether small or large and always look at the big picture of where you want to be. Focus on the milestones of your journey rather than the beginning or end to make the journey much more doable.
Mainly for guys 35 and older who workout…
We all know testosterone drops as we get older and it’s a primary driver in your body that affects your training and muscle growth. Growth hormone is the body’s master hormone for maintaining strength and lean muscle tissue.
If you’re looking for quicker recovery and an overall “boost” in your training and muscularity, consider this supplement, Primal-T. I’m about to start another 8-week cycle of this to help speed up my rehab process in my shoulder (nothing torn, just a deep, deep tendonitis all around it). But hey, you don’t have to be coming off of an injury to get on this supplement.
If you’re an older guy like me and you’ve never tried any type of testosterone enhancer supplement, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. When some of my clients or members feel “stuck” in their training, sometimes adding in a supplement to the mix gives them a change-up they look forward to.
And if you’re a man over 35, this testosterone and GH boosting supplement could be that spark. I’ve got some members on this and they can see and feel a difference.
Can you imagine learning a little something from an expert? Everyday?!
I like listening to podcasts, but it’s just recently that I decided to listen to a podcast (or even a portion of one) every single day during the typical business week.
How else can you glean advice from experts in all sorts of fields so easily?
The majority of podcasts I listen to are business, marketing, success, exercise, nutrition, tech, mind, CrossFit, etc.
I learn, I get motivated, I stay focused, and I learn some more… All from podcasts that are readily available to me and YOU.
I’ve “learned” from the likes of:
And a ton more under-the-radar leaders in their field of expertise.
Some of the particular podcasts I’ve been listening to lately are:
Self Made Man
The Art of Charm
Entrepreneur On Fire
They all have great guests that may not be well known, but are experts in their field.
So in essence, I’m immersing myself in learning everyday. And now I get to execute on the things I learn that can improve my life in all aspects.